Free Pattern Friday FAQ
Here are a few little notes about the patterns…I’ve based these points on some of the problems people sometimes have retrieving their free patterns. So far, only about 1% have problems, but nonetheless…
- Up to #27, the patterns were FREE FOREVER as printable patterns which could be accessed ONLY from my blog at littlechurchknits.com. Because they are off-site patterns, they WILL NOT live in your Ravelry library, however, I have recently learned that patterns can be converted to downloadable pdf’s using printfriendly.com. That way, they can be saved on your computer, but will still not be found in your Ravelry library.
- Starting with #28, the patterns became FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME. (This is stated in paragraph 1 of every Free Pattern Friday blog post.) Patterns are free for the first week. Thereafter, they are available for $5.00 through Ravelry. Once purchased, they are pdf files that are stored, just like any other paid pattern, in your Ravelry library and are downloadable. Simply visit the blog for pattern links or search for them by title on Ravelry.
- The patterns are printable from this location… click the “Print” button in the lower corner inside the pattern border.
- If the pattern will not print after clicking the “Print” button, you can copy and paste the information to another file in your computer. This goes for the images too. If the pattern prints but the images do not, try right-clicking on the image, then click “Save Image As” and save the image to another location on your computer. If all else fails, try updating your browser settings. This is more likely to cause a problem than your operating system. Please know that I have tested (and RE-tested) the print capability of every single one of these patterns, but it is impossible for me to understand what is going on in the thousands of computers that attempt to print it.
- If you wish to create a downloadable file of this pattern, I suggest using printfriendly.com. Follow the prompts when you get there.
- These patterns are free for charity and personal use but not for distribution. Please link back to http://littlechurchknits.com whenever possible. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
I’m always happy to answer any technical or knitting questions or any questions relating to the patterns. For fastest results, please address your questions in one of the following methods:
By Ravelry message. My user name is Little Church Knits.
In the Free Pattern Friday group
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by using the Contact tab at the top of the site.
Please DO NOT post technical (computer) or pattern questions in the comments section of this blog.